Christian Heritage Academy grants tuition assistance based on household income and Federal Income tax figures. Due to a limited amount of monies that are available, early application is encouraged.
It is a priority of Christian Heritage Academy to carefully manage finances in a manner that will keep the Christian school option affordable for our families.
CHA offers needs-based tuition assistance to families according to established guidelines. The school believes those parents who are able to pay full tuition should do so whenever possible; however, we realize that a number of families each year may need tuition assistance.
Tuition assistance requests are based upon a third party evaluation by FACTS Grant & Aid. Each request is then further evaluated by the Finance Department, which makes the final award.
Tuition Assistance Application Process
The application process begins by completing the FACTS Grant & Aid tuition assistance online application. Additional items to be aware of include:
- FACTS Grant & Aid charges a $35 non-refundable fee for their services, payable directly to FACTS.
- Completing an application does not guarantee the approval of a tuition assistance award.
- Parents are encouraged to file their tax forms as soon as possible each year so that they can complete the FACTS Grant & Aid applications in a timely manner.
Complete the application for the following year by:
June 30th – deadline for current CHA students
August 10th – deadline for new enrollees
Special Scholarship Opportunity
VA Education Improvement Scholarship
Christian Heritage Academy currently offers one scholarship, which is the “Virginia Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit Program." This program was established by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a means for Virginia families to send their children to a school of their choice using private scholarships.
Administered by ACSI Children's Tuition Fund Foundation with funds contributed by CHA donors, this scholarship program specifically provides tuition assistance for families with low to moderate incomes.
1. If you are a Virginia resident and if your family’s adjusted gross income for your family size is at or below 300% of the federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify for a tax credit scholarship. Click here to view income guidelines.
2. Additionally, your child must meet ONE of the following eligibility requirements:
- Is entering Kindergarten or first grade, OR
- Attended a Virginia public school for at least one semester, OR
- Was not a resident of Virginia during the preceding year and did not attend a private school in Virginia, OR
- Is a prior recipient of a tax credit scholarship
Scholarship Application Process
Because these scholarships are awarded based on "need" for tuition assistance, the application and award process for these scholarships is the same as our Tuition Assistance process, with the FACTS Grant and Aid Application.
Tuition Management Plan
If approved for financial aid or scholarship, parents must be enrolled in our Tuition Management Plan. The Tuition Management Plan is an automated payment system in which parents authorize their bank or credit card company to automatically transfer funds to the school on the installment payment dates traditional to the school. Checks by mail are not accepted unless the full year’s tuition/fees are paid at the beginning of the year or upon enrollment. Preauthorized automated payments can be done conveniently from one’s checking or savings account, or by way of MC, Discover, or AMEX. VISA is NOT accepted.
Tuition/fees will can be paid by one of the following methods:
- Pay 100% of the tuition/fees directly to the school in cash, check, or money order upon enrollment.
- Make twelve (12) monthly installments (starting July and ending in June) via FACTS on one’s checking or savings account. At your discretion, a “custodial account” can be created to satisfy this payment plan through your bank.
- Make payment using any of the above options by way of one’s AMEX, MC, or Discover cards. Please call FACTS at 800-233-1096 to enroll. Please note, there is a small convenience fee (2.5%), in addition to the FACTS fee, associated with this option.
Please contact the school’s office (540-483-5855) if you have questions regarding the FACTS tuition process.