Our Heritage of Faith
In 1980, a group of parents came together with a dream – to have their children learn in a Christian environment, supported by Biblical principles and strong ethics with academic performance second to none. Today, Christian Heritage Academy, located in Rocky Mount , Virginia, is a thriving school for children of all ages. Our students are nurtured through personal attention, small classroom sizes, an emphasis on Biblical truth and character building.
Our Mission Statement
“To Train students for a life of service to God and their fellowman through Biblical teaching in every subject.”
Christian Heritage Academy is a non-profit, inter- denominational, Christian, educational ministry dedicated to the task of providing a quality Christian education in preschool through grade twelve to all children whose parents wish the Christian training of the home and church to be complemented in the classroom.
The philosophical desire of CHA is that the relationship between parent and school be one of cooperative responsibility. Our belief is that the training of children manifests itself in four broad areas: physical, mental, social and spiritual.
Our Vision Statement
In accordance with God’s word, the vision statement of Christian Heritage Academy underlines the commitment to be a distinguishably different Christian school purposed to equip students for academic and personal endeavors after high school. Our partnerships with Christian parents, devoted faculty members, and the church are crucial to the goal of graduating students who are mentally, physically, and spiritually prepared to live a life of service to God and their fellowman.
“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature,
and in favor with God and man.” Luke 2:52
Christian Heritage Academy resolves to cultivate the life of every student to be an imitator of God by following the earthy example of Jesus Christ. The preparation that we provide will enable each student to grow in wisdom as a discerning thinker, an effective communicator, and a lifelong learner; to grow in stature by living a healthy, wholesome life; to grow in favor with God by showing evidence of receiving God’s gift of salvation and being transformed by it; and to grow in favor with man by becoming a well-rounded and well-mannered citizen.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is only one God eternally existing in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and accept what the Scriptures declare to be true.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, and His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe man is by nature and practice a sinner separated from God and can become God’s child only by faith in Jesus Christ as evidenced by submission to the will of God as revealed in the gospel.
- We believe that those who are thus born into God’s family have eternal life and those who are not remain in spiritual death and will be separated from God forever in hell.
- We believe the Holy Spirit lives in the believer and enables him to walk in purity of life and submission to the will of God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.